Tuesday, June 24, 2008

June...Just Pics......

Well it's got hotter earlier this year than last....today it is set to be 36 plus!
It amazes me time and time again how the garden hangs on in there...while we hide in the cool indoors....
Here are a few pics ...

The flowers ...some planted by me....






















and others by the birds...I think....


















The Bourgainvillea is on it's second flowering already.....

















The sweet pea seeds my brother sent me from the UK are struggling a little in the heat ....they are just coming into flower but I am not sure if this heat keeps up if they will survive.....




















The first year roses I took cutting of myself are blooming nicely.Out of the 15 or so about 9 made it which I am very pleased with.This Autumn I will try taking double the cuttings I want ....


















The fruit garden is really doing well this year......
melons....

















The second year fruit trees are fruiting well this year already.We are really pleased with the apricot, some great fruit on that this year...



















The second year plum tree has also surprised us.....


















It's not all rosy though....the tomatoes are struggling again this year.It appears the whole village, possibly region , is having a bad time again with viruses this year.Even the seeds that claimed to be 'Anti virus'...50% of them have already died...























...but the courgettes, brussel sprouts, leeks.........





















aubergines,peppers.........




















..three types of broccoli.....






















and parsnips all doing well...........




















The big experiment for me this year was with Soya beans....they are slow growers but are looking OK at the moment......





















Some things are ready to harvest this month.We have already taken up all the Mouli and made a wicked relish with it! Yum !!will do that agian next year.

Now the Khol-rabi is ready to experiment with in the kitchen.........


















The Haricot beans are also ready for eating.....






















And most important of all the grapes......what a bumper year this will be.
If we carry on like this it won't be long before wine making time again!!!!!!

No comments: