Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Back to work!

Well it has been a slow start to this year.
Such a long winter, we thought it would never end!

Even now the weather is not 'normal' for this time of year.
It has been so very unpredictable that it has been very hard to get out and get the jobs done.
It's now April and we are busy, busy,busy...so much so that I have not been able to find time to add to the diary...no excuse I know.


A new addition to the garden this year, the greenhouse.I must admit I have never worked in one before and I have a feeling it's going to be a big responsibility already!
The tomatoes are in but because of the unusual early morning frosts they are covered inside with blankets and if I am honest don't look very happy at the moment.We will have to wait and see.



















We have also been a bit creative with our herb garden this year using old roof tiles to decorate and make it a feature.
Even through the cold winter the parsley and sweet marjoram have survived which is very surprising!



Well it's back to work now...early potatoes to plant along with an experiment of chick peas and monkey nuts.....
I will update on their progress...and won't leave it so long next time!

No comments: