Saturday, June 19, 2010

Hot June!

With unusually high temperatures for June,38 degrees in the shade,it really has been a challenge to keep everything happy in the garden,including me!With unusually high temperatures for June,38 degrees in the shade,it really has been a challenge to keep everything happy in the garden,including me!






But it rained a few days ago,the temperatures droppped and now it's a cool 23 degrees...... all is well again.

Our 'Wolf Spider' has now released her young and I think is looking to move on.I don't really like spiders, in fact they are one of things things I normally run away from, but she has been a pleasure to watch and I hope she returns......



















The greenhouse is really coming along now.Staggering the planting of the tomatoes is already paying off.We had our first a week ago and they are providing a steady flow at the moment.




















Some of the different varieties have really surprised me....especially this one...my hand is approx 7inches from tip to tip....
















I don't think I have ever seen a tomato this size before!
Maybe it's my magical weekly feed from my friend that is responsible.....

No comments: